Hotel at Avalon & City of Alpharetta Conference Center
City of Alpharetta
Scope of Work
Senior management of R.M. Woodworth & Associates assembled a team for the purpose of providing market analysis and development consulting services for a proposed hotel and conference center on a to-be-determined site within the city limits of Alpharetta, Georgia. Specifically, our tasks included the following:
- Gathering information regarding the level and characteristics of demand likely to be generated for the project.
- Conducting primary research in the regional market through personal interviews with representatives of principal employers, and both private and civic organizations that represented potential users.
- Evaluating the performance of existing competitive conference and group meeting-oriented facilities in the region.
- Surveying meeting planners who focus on state trade association, professional society, and educational meetings markets. We augmented this research by interviewing selected key users to gain feedback regarding conference and meeting trends.
- Recommending facilities, services, and amenities.
- Preparing a ten-year forecast of income and expenses in a format consistent with the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry and the Uniform System of Accounts for Conference Centers.
- Providing a written report suitable for presentation to government officials, equity sources, lenders, or franchisors.
- Preparing an economic impact study to determine various economic impacts on the City of Alpharetta and Fulton County, Georgia.
After the completion of the above, we also studied the viability of a performing arts center and managed a Request for Proposal for private developers to develop the conference center and adjacent hotel.
The analyses commenced in June 2014 and concluded in October 2015.