Proposed Greenville Conference Center
Windsor Aughtry Company
Scope of Work
Senior management of R.M. Woodworth & Associates was engaged by Windsor Aughtry Company to conduct market research, make facility recommendations, prepare utilization analyses, and estimate the performance of a proposed conference center to be located in downtown Greenville.
Our scope of work included the following:
- Gathering information regarding the level and characteristics of demand likely to be generated for the conference center.
- Conducting primary research in the regional market through personal interviews with representatives of principal employers and both private and civic organizations that represented potential users.
- Evaluating the performance of existing competitive conference and group meeting-oriented facilities in the region.
- Surveying meeting planners who focus on state trade association, professional society, and educational meetings markets. We augmented this research by interviewing selected key users to gain feedback regarding conference and meeting trends.
- Recommending facilities, services, and amenities.
- Preparing a ten-year forecast of income and expenses in a format consistent with the Uniform System of Accounts for Conference Centers.
- Providing a written report suitable for presentation to government officials, equity sources, lenders, or franchisors.
The analyses commenced in October 2017 and was updated in November 2018.